Hi, I'm Tom and I can run errands for you. I'll wait by your roadside shop! — Tom
Players can hire Tom by tapping his spot. He works for free for three days when he is unlocked (time is counted even if players do not buy anything from him).
After that, his services can be purchased with diamonds. He charges 15 diamonds for one day, 60 for five days and 100 for ten days.
Tom can also be hired for free using a red booster.
Tom reminds you that he is available for work every day at 12:00 AM UTC.
Tom always looks for the cheapest price and offers three options:
- ✦1 to 3 of the item
- ✦4 to 6 of the item
- ✦7 to 9 of the item
If the player accepts any of the offers, Tom fetches the items in a few seconds. When he comes back he grows tired and falls asleep for two hours. If the player declines all offers, Tom only has to rest for two minutes before being able to search again (may be still currently bugged; see top of page).
Players can make Tom's naps shorter by using a green booster.
Tom releases the balloon after 10 minutes or so, at which point he no longer offers the discount. However, as the balloon floats away, players can tap it to receive coins, diamonds, experience points or supplies.
- Standing at the very bottom of the screen, it might be hard to notice when Tom is ready for another job. You can solve this by sowing one field with indigo when you have accepted one of Tom's offers. Indigo takes two hours to get ready to be harvested; If the indigo is ready, so is Tom.
- When Tom is unlocked you can use him to buy land-clearing supplies as these are hard to find and you need the room at this point. Alternatively, you can send him to fetch the most expensive item you have unlocked in order to get coins more easily.
- See this profit table by MindoPod for examples.
Did you know?
- Items which Tom has bought get a special icon on their box.
- Tom's appearance was changed and extensive new animations were added in the June 17, 2015 update.