Trick or treat? Have a go at making Hay Day treats for your spook-tacular Halloween celebrations. In this episode of Hay Day Kitchen, we have prepared special recipes for two candies fit for Halloween – Lollipops and Toffee!
Subscribe for more videos ►► https://supr.cl/SubHayDay
Check out the recipe below and watch the video, so you can follow along step-by-step.
• 1/4 cup water • ½ cup golden syrup • 1 cup granulated sugar • 2-3 drops flavor extract • A hint food coloring paste (pea size amount)
• Prep time: 1,5 h • Servings: 4 lollipops • Equipment: Sauce pan, whisk, stove, measuring cups & spoons/scale, pastry brush, cooking thermometer, lollipop mold, lollipop sticks
• In a sauce pan, begin by combining water, syrup and sugar. As pan heats up, mix ingredients with a whisk. • On high heat, bring the mixture to a boil. Don’t whisk once it starts boiling. • Insert a cooking thermometer and keep boiling until the temperature reaches 149 C / 300 F. • Remove saucepan from the heat and allow it to sit until it stops bubbling completely. • Stir in a flavor extract of your choice and a pea size amount of food coloring paste to match the flavor to the color. • Set the lollipop mold on a flat surface and with a pastry brush, prep lollipop mold with a light coat of vegetable oil. • Insert the lollipop sticks into the molds. • Pour in candy mix into the mold cavities. *If candy mix is set before pouring into the molds, reheat in a saucepan on low heat. • Make sure the candy is covering the back of the sticks. • Cool down lollipops completely in room temperature (1-2 hours) and remove once hardened. • Repeat process to make more colors!
Store lollipops in airtight containers or wrap individually.
• Violet - grape flavor extract • Red - cherry flavor extract • Blue - Peppermint flavor extract • Green - Apple flavor extract • Yellow - Lemon flavor extract • Orange- orange flavor extract
• ½ cup golden syrup • 1 cup granulated sugar • 1 tsp salt • 1/4 cup water • 3/4 cup cream • ½ cup icing sugar • 1 tbsp water • 1 tsp vanilla extract
• Prep time: 2 h • Serving: 12-15 toffee pieces • Equipment: Stove, pot, whisk, thermometer, measuring cups & spoons, measuring bowls, tray or container for the toffee, parchment paper
• In a medium sized pot, measure in the syrup, sugar, salt and water and stir the ingredients as they cook over medium heat. • As the mixture comes to boil, insert the cooking thermometer and boil until it reaches 124 C / 255 F. • Add cream and continue mixing • Be careful - the mixture is very hot at this point
• Keep cooking until it reaches in 127 C / 260 F • Remove the pot from the heat and set aside to cooldown until it reaches 90 C / 194 F
• In the meantime, mix icing sugar, water and vanilla extract in a bowl until well combined to make icing sugar paste. • Once cooled, mix the icing sugar paste in with the warm toffee mixture. • Grease the tray or container with melted butter and fold in a piece of parchment paper.
• Pour warm toffee and place in the fridge for 1 hour • Cut cold toffee into desired sizes.
Ready toffee can be storage in a fridge for two weeks. ---
Don't forget to submit a photo of your own versions of Lollipops or Toffee to our Fan Art Uploader! Have a fa-boo-lous Halloween!
Fan Art Uploader ►► https://supr.cl/HayDayArtUploader
Follow us on our Socials!
Get Hay Day ►► https://supr.cl/GetHayDay
© Supercell Oy 2019
Appears on these pages
Welcome to the wiki! Hello and welcome to the official Hay Day Wiki, a site run by fans, for...